Monday 29 April 2013

The Clone


The Clone from Lucas Warren on Vimeo.


This is another video that I made over the last couple of days, exploring an effect that I have been looking into i.e. the scope effect, the flare of the gun and the blood effect. For this video, I edited the all the footage in Adobe Premiere Pro, and did the VFX in Adobe After Effects this way the editing process became a lot faster than making it all in After Effects. Another effect I used in this video was a 'cloning effect' in which I could duplicate my dad within a single clip.

I learnt many of these effects from the website Videocopilot.com, a website which has lots of tutorials for VFX in After Effects, including the scope tutorial, the blood and the gun flare tutorial, all of which gave very satisfying results in this video.

If I were to make the video again, there are a few things I would do differently, for example one issue was that the battery died half way through the shoot, so next time I would make sure I have a charged spare on hand. Also I think that this shoot took longer than it could have me and my dad were making the shot list up on the spot, thinking of new ideas every second, however this is not a very good method because after looking at the footage I realised there were a few shots that would have helped the continuity of the scene or made the shot better for example, and also after looking at the footage, I noticed that sometimes the camera auto-adjusts to the light or looks very pale/overexposed, which is something I forgot to look at, during the shoot.

I have yet to decide on whether any of these effects will be in my film, but either way I have definitely make progress in terms of my skills. However I am not saying that the effects used in this video are perfect but are satisfactory for the effect I wanted to achieve.

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/scopes/
https://www.videocopilot.net/products/action2/

No comments:

Post a Comment