Monday 22 April 2013

Black Hole Test Video!


The Black Hole Test from Lucas Warren on Vimeo.

After watching 'The Black Hole', I had to give it a go for my self, and above is my attempt at one of the effects in the video, and I was surprised how complicated it actually is to pull off (and even mine isn't very good). To begin I watched the actual video a few times to try and gain an understanding of how it could be done. And eventually we had a few vague ideas of how to start and began our shoot. We concluded that they must have had a piece of paper with a pre-made hole in the middle (or at least that's how we did it), then have the actor (my dad) hold the paper and put their hand through it. I wont go into the full process but it took me a while to figure out, however now I know the technique, I could do it again a lot faster.

This is just one of the VFX videos that I will make, and hopefully after watching more short films, I will have learnt a good handful of VFX to implement in to my film.




This looks a lot more complicated than it actually is!

No comments:

Post a Comment