Thursday 18 April 2013

Getting Started...

This is the first of many posts that I will release, and I wanted to start off by saying what I intend to do on this course and my initial thoughts.

My goal for this film is to show off my filmmaking skills, but mainly my editing and VFX skills, as they are what I am really passionate about and hope to pursue in the future. I am constantly watching video tutorials online to try and improve my skills, and at this stage, I'm confident about my computer skills, but not sure how well my writing will be. And I am sure that the writing stage could surely be the longest and hardest part.
However, after talking to Mr Quirke, he gave me the clever idea to leave out the dialogue and make the visuals tells the story, which took a load off my mind!

At this stage I will be posting my research of other interesting short films with the same themes or genres to the ideas I've been having. At the moment I am interested in the themes of either exploring different parallel dimensions, or exploring the power of the imagination (which ever gives the better story and visuals / FX).

No comments:

Post a Comment