Tuesday 23 April 2013

Laser Missile VFX Test!


Laser Missiles from Lucas Warren on Vimeo.


This is my attempt at an effect used in 'Plot Device', during the sci-fi scene. This effect was a little more straight forward than the last (Black Hole test), but as I soon realised, the more I added to the effect the more complicated it became.

For this effect I used some of the resources from Video Copilot's Action Essentials plugin, for the ground hits and smoke, and also from their Optical Flares plugin for the 'Laser missiles'. Overall it is a very satisfying outcome and it is definitely an effect I could use in my film.

Also since my dad doesn't mind being in many of my videos he has agreed to play the part in my film, which will make it a lot easier. I have already came up with a lot of good ideas for the basis of the story now including him, and I will be writing my first draft of the screen play soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment